Development of technological solutions to improve the quality of life of the elderly and people with chronic diseases, especially those that affect mobility. The multidisciplinarity of the group allows to face the challenges related to mobility and motor disorders posed by the target groups, with an integrated vision, ie, starting from the perspective of specific hardware design (adaptive, bio-inspired), optimization from the proposed solutions, design of classifiers based on learning and other related techniques of artificial intelligence by adaptation to user to the design and development of pilot tests and creation of both ambulatory and clinical databases.
- Embedded systems, digital design (VLSI, FPGA and microcontrollers). High level design.
- Design of adaptive, bio-inspired and neuromorphic systems.
- Design of MEMS sensors integrated in CMOS (accelerometers, pressure sensors, magnetometers).
- Mixed signal design. Integrated design of very low power.
- Efficient software application in embedded systems and artificial intelligence.
- Deep learning and smart systems for eHealth and reliance on help.
- REMPARK: Personal Health Device for the Remote and Autonomous Management of Parkinson’s Disease.
- FATE: Fall Detector for the Elderly.
- E-NOFALLS: European Network for Fall Prevention, Intervention & Security.
- EIP-AHA: European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing.
- WIISEL – Wireless Insole for Independent & Safe Elderly Living.