The CD6 is a technological innovation centre located at the Campus of the UPC in Terrassa. It was created in 1997 with the aim of empowering research and innovation activities in the field of Optical Engineering.
Almost 40 people with complementary expertise (Optics, Electronics, Mechanical and Software) work at CD6: 11 researchers, 13 technicians, 4 administration staff and 8 students who develop their PhD thesis in research and technology transfer projects. The CD6 team is currently made up of 11 researchers, 13 technicians, 4 people dedicated to the management and administration of the centre and 8 students who are developing their doctoral theses in the framework of research and technology transfer projects.
- Optical metrology.
- Visual optics.
- Optical design and simulation.
- Colour and spectral technologies.
- Three-dimensional profilometry of the human skin by means of fringe projection.
- Development of a new industrial process for the encapsulation of electro-optical devices for distributed information systems bandwidth.
- Health Care Innovation Lab, Orbital 40 (PECT).